Buying or Selling a Home/sellling

Question
I have been approached to see if I would be interested in selling my home last month via by a letter in the mail.  I responded yes if the price is right.

The company is well known and they want to develop it for commercial use, I am the last house on a finger of town ship, I am surrounded by Commercial property.

This would be the fourth time in the past ten years that I have been approached, the last three times the deals never even got started due to the economy.

The company that has approached me has been doing a lot of testing on other property that is zoned for commercial, and even has gone as far as submitting construction plans which were just approved by the city.

So my question is this if my home is assessed for 115,000 on the tax role, what should I bee asking for, I told them to give me a price, I did not want to give them a price when they asked me.

Thanks

Answer
Hello Jeff - The only way to determine your property;s value is to ask a REALTOR who specializes in your area to provide you with a comparative market analysis. This analysis will provide you with a report of like properties in the 'finger' or area, and compare the purchase, sale, and other pricing data that will assist you in determining the correct price point. In addition, you may want to talk to a commercial person who have commercial property for sale near your property. This will also provide you with a commercial value which should be taken into consideration as well. Many sellers own property which abut commercial property and many times the combined value of the dirt (multiple adjacent property owners) exceeds the value of the collective home values. You may desire to talk to other property owners surrounding your home to see if there is a higher asking value working together since the buyer may need the collective properties to achieve their intention. Finally, in some states, where attorneys work with sellers to structure the documentation, you may consider searching for recent sales on Google to see which attorneys represented the land sellers and contact that specific attorney to share what they can, or even represent you. They will ensure that you get your value and also their fees in addition. If you should need additional information please reply to this post.

Buying or Selling a Home

Todd C. Menard, GRI, rCRMS, REALTOR, BROKER