Buying or Selling a Home/Home buying assistance for disabled persons

Question
I would like to know if there are any Federal programs that you are aware of to assist disabled persons in financing a home.  I am a disabled state employee (Ohio), and receive a disability from Ohio PERS, and not Social Security.  I am trying to find any and all resources that may help me in my pursuit to buy a home.  I reside in Ohio, as well.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Answer
You might want to try your local HUD office to see how you can become a home owner with a disability, Stephen. They do have programs, however, they are not that common. They may even suggest you have someone join you in your purchase, so be prepared. Also, in your local town they may have a program or two in conjunction with any Ohio programs in existence. I do hope this helps you, Stephen.

Dick Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis