You are here:

Buying or Selling a Home/Home buying assistance for disabled persons


I would like to know if there are any Federal programs that you are aware of to assist disabled persons in financing a home.  I am a disabled state employee (Ohio), and receive a disability from Ohio PERS, and not Social Security.  I am trying to find any and all resources that may help me in my pursuit to buy a home.  I reside in Ohio, as well.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

You might want to try your local HUD office to see how you can become a home owner with a disability, Stephen. They do have programs, however, they are not that common. They may even suggest you have someone join you in your purchase, so be prepared. Also, in your local town they may have a program or two in conjunction with any Ohio programs in existence. I do hope this helps you, Stephen.

Dick Dennis

Buying or Selling a Home

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dick Dennis


With more than 41 years as a real estate broker, I can solve most any problem presented. If I can`t, I do my research. Problems with mortgages, trust deeds, foreclosures, odd ways of conveying titles. Most any good Realtor can answer questions satisfactorily, but I answer questions that most cannot. Also, ask about my hard-copy newsletter, The Landed Gentry. It can also be sent to you via PDF.


Solving real estate problems for 37 years.

National Association of Realtors

Publishes The Landed Gentry, guest writer in Who's Who in Creative Real Estate, First Tuesday, Financial Freedom and many newspapers

e-Pro Realtor, Certified Distressed Property Expert, Who's Who in Creative Real Estate

©2017 All rights reserved.