Buying or Selling a Home/Home buying programs for the disabled

I would like to know if there are any Federal programs that you are aware of to assist disabled persons in financing a home.  I am a disabled state employee (Ohio), and receive a disability from Ohio PERS, and not Social Security.  I am trying to find any and all resources that may help me in my pursuit to buy a home.  I reside in Ohio, as well.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi Stephen,

I don't believe you need any special loan programs to aide in your real estate pursuit.  Seems like you have W2 income from the state and that can be easily documented for a loan officer.  I'd suggest contacting a local bank or mortgage loan originator and have them start the pre-qualification process for you and give an accurate amount of what loan/program you can qualify for. Best of luck!

Buying or Selling a Home

Jay Denit

I'm a Real Estate Broker in the state of Colorado. We have a separate foreclosure investing company, so I'm more than willing to answer any Colorado foreclosure questions for both the home owner and investor. I have sold bank owned homes all across the country for all of the big banks. I'd be happy to answer any questions about buying or selling residential homes and specialize in luxury estates. Furthermore, I have some experience in land acquisition and development and know a touch about water rights.

My experience is really anything that has to do with real estate. From buying and selling to investing and foreclosure, I’ve done it all. Being able to handle the acquisition and disposition under one roof gives me the intimate knowledge of all facets of property conveyance. My foreclosure/bank owned property (REO) experience gives me the problem solving mindset to always find a solution.

BARA- Boulder Association of Realtors NAR- National Association of Realtors CAR- Colorado Association of Realtors

Xavier University-- BSBA Finance Colorado State University-- Professional Certificate in Project Management