Buying or Selling a Home/Mobile vs Modular vs Condo

We are selling our home and downsizing to a home in a Senior park where we will own the land.  We are finding some units are classified as mobile homes (even though they really can't be moved) and some are classified as modular (even though they sit on piers) and some are classified as condos (also sitting on piers).  We live in California.  Is there any legal criteria that defines what the unit is.  Financing a "condo" is much easier than a Modular, and most lenders won't tough a Mobile.
By the way we are eligible for VA financing if we call it a condo.
Thank you for any comments you may have

Thanks for your question. As for modular, it should have a stamp in the electric  panel box, listing home as modular construction, and built under the required code for that state, this is how it is done in North Carolina. There are on frame and off frame modulars as well.  It will have a deed like most homes. I do not know about California? Have what you are buying verified by licensed appraiser.

As for mobile home, it will have a title like a car. Some also have the frame, axel and wheels under them.

I would consider a very good REALTOR with experience.and a very good title attorney, with experience.

Before you go to contract, make sure your lender knows everything as it relates and IF the property qualifies for a VA loan, and IF it will qualify if it is a mobile home..

Be careful here.

Buying or Selling a Home

Marvin Bobbitt

Can answer questions about Real Estate in North Carolina. Professional Real Estate Broker,REALTOR Residential Real Estate,Professional Advising,Commercial Real Estate, Estates,Property Estates,Issues regarding real estate and the County Tax system,Bank owned properties, REO/Foreclosures and Investment properties,New homes & re-sale home sales,Management of Investment properties,1031 tax deferred exchanges, Profit enhancement within investments,Investment property advisor,North Carolina agency and required forms and disclosure.Difficult sisuations within real estate.

28+ years Professional experience.Experianced in property estates and real estate transactions primarly in the Durham, North Carolina area.Residential Real Estate, Professional Advising,Commercial Real Estate, Estates, My experience covers a vast range of real estate services.Due to my personal training by Frank Ward for over 20+ years.In residential,commercial,sales and leases, I have had the opportunity to work and learn with some of the best in the business. Estates have become a specialty to me.

Active Member of the Durham Association of REALTORS. Past BOD for Durham Regional Association of REALTORS. Active Member of North Carolina Association of REALTORS. Active Member of the National Association of REALTORS. Active Member of Triangle Multiple Listing Service. Past member Durham Jaycees, Durham Sales and Marketing and Durham Rotary Club.

Durham Herald

Graduate; Durham Public Schools Graduate; North Carolina Central University. Appointed; Real Property sale Commissioner/ Durham County N.C Clerk Of Superior Court 2010, Honorable Archie L.Smith, III, Durham County NC. Completion of the following North Carolina Real Estate Courses. North Carolina Real Estate School Fundamentals. North Carolina Real Estate Broker Classes. Completes Continuing Education classes annually as directed by the State of North Carolina Real Estate Commission. North Carolina Real Estate Licenses active 06/31/2014 NCREL #144640 R-1 Real Estate Appraisal. R-2 Valuation & Principles & Procedures. R-3 Applied Residential Property Valuation. G-1 Income Property Appraisal & Valuation. Completion of Notary Public Classes for the State Of North Carolina. Active Notary Public for Durham City/County, North Carolina. Active until; 06/16/2015

20+ YEARS EVERYDAY PERSONAL TRAINING BY;FRANK WARD. Appointed; Real Property sale Commissioner/ Durham County N.C Clerk Of Superior Court 2010, Honorable Archie L.Smith, III, Durham County NC. Admited member; all experts 2009.

Given upon request