Buying or Selling a Home/buying a home my rights

my son recently bought his first house it has a well,after a week the water tapered off and dirty water is coming out all of the facets I believe the prior owner knew there was a problem,and they began to get water from the city  and did not compleat the process,they did not disclose this when they sold the house to my son. are the prior owners responsible and what are our rights?

Hi James;
The previous owner is required to disclose all material facts about a home of which they have prior knowledge.  If this can be proved, then it could be contested. Unfortunately; it puts the responsibility on your son to find out what the owner knew and then to go to an attorney to discuss how to proceed.  If the well water is dirty, it may be going dry which would require digging a new well or connecting to city water. I would suggest that if it has not already been done the well should be evaluated to determine the problem.  It could be an easy fix or an expensive one. Again, by evaluating the problem your son will know how to proceed either to fix (which may cost a great deal less than taking the owner to court) or going forward with a legal proceeding.  Your son can try to contact the previous owner and ask for assistance but I doubt that the previous owner will be open to helping unless threatened with legal proceedings.

Wishing him the best of luck with this and hopes for a quick resolution.

Jessica Bryan
Managing Broker
House to Home Realty

Buying or Selling a Home

Jessica Bryan

buying and selling process such as:
General questions from first time buyers
How to market a home
Why choose a REALTOR
How do I find a REALTOR
Should I consider buying or selling without a REALTOR--how much can I save
Should I remodel or move
How much can I expect to gain by fixing up my home before selling
Helpful tips when selling
Helpful tips when buying
finding a good mortgage loan
what is the difference between banks, mortgage bankers, and mortgage brokers
Questions from the general public, people thinking about getting their real estate license, newly licensed.
Fellow professionals who have interests in networking and how to get started
What is a market evaluation and how does it differ from an appraisal what are the different loan programs
services a REALTOR can perform
when to use a lawyer
when to use escrow
what are the regional differences in the buying and selling process
what is the MLS and how does it work
how can the layman access information on the web--listings and other information
These are just a few of the questions. I can suggest that if I am unable to answer a question I will refer the inquiry to a source that can.

Anyone who is in this business and who dedicates oneself to professionalism has continued to take classes and along with it,additional credentials, awards and honors. I can list a host of them, but my greatest accomplishments happen to be those of getting first time buyers (who didn't think they could afford to buy a home)into a home of their dreams. The look on their faces when I hand over the keys is worth all of the hard work.