Buying or Selling a Home/Buy home with gold

I have a question that I'm not quite sure if I h ae the right person for this question. I heard somewhere that if I was to buy home with gold payments that the home would be free and clear of every being taken by anyone.  Do you know if there is a difference when buying a home with US currency vs gold payments? Or is there a benefit one over the other? I am looking to buy land and home on the eastcoast without a mortgage, but wondered if there is something to what I heard.  Thanks for any help you may give!!!

Hi Terry
First off, not all buyers will want/take gold,(I would, but that's another story).  US dollars are legal tender in America and that's what most folks want at this time.  It makes no difference what you pay with, once the Deed is in your name, the property is yours.  Do keep in mind that it is yours but someone can sue you for it, the IRS can take it for back taxes, the State/County can take it for back taxes, or someone could sue you for it if they get a legal judgement against you, depending on the state you live in (I believe some States have a law that you cannot take a persons home for anything, but don't take my word for it. Consult an attorney on that question.) In other words, just because you own something free and clear does not guarantee that you will always get to keep it.  Talk to to an attorney about ways that you can title the property that may help to safeguard it.  You can use Trusts, LLC's and other legal means to safe guard property.
Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

Buying or Selling a Home

Sharon Huneycutt, Realtor, Associate Broker, GRI, e-PRO

A lot of people who want to move to the mountains don't really realize what it might involve. For instance, here in North Georgia, if you want a mountain view, you may have to drive up very steep roads. Will you have well water (That's usually good!)? Do you speak septic tanks? Have you considered that if you want really want to get away from it all, you'll do it on a gravel road? What's difference between a Log home and a Log Sided home? How can I tell? Who takes care of the house when you're not there? Where can you stay to check it out? This is a very popular area for second homes and investment properties or when you finally decide to get way from it all, I can find your perfect property. I can answer questions on North Georgia Mountain living, housing, land, amenities, and activities. We handle a lot of foreclosed properties in our office so I have become a Certified REO Specialist. REO means Real Estate Owned and is the industry name for a Foreclosure. It refers to "owned by a bank or other corporate entity". If it involves an area of expertise I don't have, I can probably tell you what kind of an expert you do need.

We've had property in the Ellijay area for over 10 years. My husband, who is a Civil Engineer and Appraiser, and I built our own log home. We researched log homes and North Georgia for three years before choosing Ellijay. Because of the building experience and being married to an engineer/appraiser, my real estate experience is a bit more extensive than average. I also am an education freak believing that the more you know, the better off you are. My husband and I both like photography, so we drive and hike all over the mountains looking for pictures.

MHA, CMA, Licensed Realtor, Associate Broker, e-PRO, GRI, Certified REO Specialist. Realtors are required to have 24 hours of continuing education every 4 years. In the last three years, I have 180 hours so far!