Buying or Selling a Home/Buying Land or home

Question
I have a question that I'm not quite sure if I h ae the right person for this question. I heard somewhere that if I was to buy home with gold payments that the home would be free and clear of every being taken by anyone.  Do you know if there is a difference when buying a home with US currency vs gold payments? Or is there a benefit one over the other? I am looking to buy land and home on the eastcoast without a mortgage, but wondered if there is something to what I heard.  Thanks for any help you may give!!!

Answer
Hey, Terry.

Total myth.

I even went back in time to when the U.S. was on the gold standard. Still total myth.

If you own your home free and clear of mortgages, there are two ways that I know of for you to lose your home:

(1) via eminent domain, but even then whatever government entity exercises eminent domain has to pay you "fair market value."

(2) by not paying your property taxes or not paying any liens that might be placed on the property (failure to pay taxes; failure to pay for work done on the property, i.e., mechanic's lien.

Russel

Buying or Selling a Home

Russel Ray