Buying or Selling a Home/buying.selling

I am trying to figure out the logistics of relocating to another state, when my current house is paid for, I am in no hurry to sell, and it won’t be a problem to buy another house first and then sell this one, if needed.

I live in ND in a paid for house. I want to relocate to TX, but am in no hurry. I can live in this house till it sells, close, immediately have my stuff shipped to TX, put  most of it in storage while I house hunt there.

Or I can clean this house out, store my stuff here and rent something cheap here for a few months while I wait for the house to sell.

I can buy something in TX, close, move my stuff, get settled, put this house on the market and come back to close when this house sells. (This is probably the simplest – one thing at a time.)

I am so confused! How do other people do it when the old house is paid for and there is no hurry about selling it?

Hi JoAnne;
I can understand your confusion since moving is stressful and there is always so much to think about and do.  However, you seem to have come up with the right solution for you as you talked through your choices. It was clear to me that your preference would be to move and allow your other home to sell whenever it does. As you said..." This is probably the simplest." I would also say that most people who have their homes paid for would do it that way since it is far less stressful.

Wishing you all the best with your move,
Jessica Bryan

Buying or Selling a Home

Jessica Bryan

buying and selling process such as:
General questions from first time buyers
How to market a home
Why choose a REALTOR
How do I find a REALTOR
Should I consider buying or selling without a REALTOR--how much can I save
Should I remodel or move
How much can I expect to gain by fixing up my home before selling
Helpful tips when selling
Helpful tips when buying
finding a good mortgage loan
what is the difference between banks, mortgage bankers, and mortgage brokers
Questions from the general public, people thinking about getting their real estate license, newly licensed.
Fellow professionals who have interests in networking and how to get started
What is a market evaluation and how does it differ from an appraisal what are the different loan programs
services a REALTOR can perform
when to use a lawyer
when to use escrow
what are the regional differences in the buying and selling process
what is the MLS and how does it work
how can the layman access information on the web--listings and other information
These are just a few of the questions. I can suggest that if I am unable to answer a question I will refer the inquiry to a source that can.

Anyone who is in this business and who dedicates oneself to professionalism has continued to take classes and along with it,additional credentials, awards and honors. I can list a host of them, but my greatest accomplishments happen to be those of getting first time buyers (who didn't think they could afford to buy a home)into a home of their dreams. The look on their faces when I hand over the keys is worth all of the hard work.