Buying or Selling a Home/Buying a House

Hello! I live in Arizona and will soon be buying a house. I was wondering if bt law does the realtor have to disclose if the house if known to haunted? Also if it is known to have a past of any crimsl activity or if anyone was murdered in the house. I know every state is different.. I was told if the buyer ask then they was suppose to tell you, but if you don't ask then no they didn't. I'm so afraid of buying a house with ant past. Thank you , Sheri

Yes, not every state has laws that requires the seller disclose criminal activity, a murder and being haunted, Sheri. If you have a concern with any of those, simply have your agent ask the seller's agent. Every agent is supposed to reveal whatever he knows about the property physically. As part of your offer to purchase make sure your agent enters your concerns as part of the offer to purchase. If you're concerned with ants, then have your pest control inspector check the house out completely. I am sure the state of Arizona does require a home inspector to reveal whatever negative points there are in the property — structurally. And you make your offer contingent upon your satisfaction of the inspection report. I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis

With more than 41 years as a real estate broker, I can solve most any problem presented. If I can`t, I do my research. Problems with mortgages, trust deeds, foreclosures, odd ways of conveying titles. Most any good Realtor can answer questions satisfactorily, but I answer questions that most cannot. Also, ask about my hard-copy newsletter, The Landed Gentry. It can also be sent to you via PDF.

Solving real estate problems for 37 years.

National Association of Realtors

Publishes The Landed Gentry, guest writer in Who's Who in Creative Real Estate, First Tuesday, Financial Freedom and many newspapers

e-Pro Realtor, Certified Distressed Property Expert, Who's Who in Creative Real Estate