Buying or Selling a Home/Lender Question?

Question
Good morning. I live in Texas and am interested in purchasing a home for my granddaughters. I found several mortgage lenders to which I can apply, but before I go forward, I was wondering if they would be willing to provide assistance for someone who wants to put the home in their names. Is this possible? Thanks so much.

Answer
Good morning,

While I'm not sure if it is legal in Texas, I have seen similar circumstances here in Florida.  You as the borrower would be on the promissory note with the bank but the title would be in your granddaughter's name.  You just need to be up front with them from the beginning of the process.  

On the other hand, most loans are not assumable so you wouldn't be able to get the loan and then transfer that into their name.

Keep in mind that the loan process has changed as of Oct 3rd.  Give yourself plenty of time to complete the process (45-60 days) and stay on top of deadlines your loan officer gives you!

Good luck!

Buying or Selling a Home

Kerrin Kostelic, FL Broker Associate, GRI, AHWD