Buying or Selling a Home/Lender Questions?

QUESTION: Good morning, Mr. Denit. I live in Texas and am interested in purchasing a home for my granddaughters. I found several mortgage lenders to which I can apply, but before I go forward, I was wondering if they would be willing to provide assistance for someone who wants to put the home in their names. Is this possible? Thank you very much.

ANSWER: Hello,

That's absolutely possible.

Good luck!

QUESTION: Thank you so much, Mr. Denit. I have a quick follow-up question, if you don't mind.

As the borrower and the person paying the monthly mortgage payment, will my name need to be on the deed?

Your family attorney would be better able to advise you about how you should take title for estate planning purposes.  The more I think about it the more I think you would have to be on title in some capacity for the sole purpose that if you stop paying the payment, the lender would have to have some recourse to foreclose.  I apologize for mt hasty response earlier.

Buying or Selling a Home

Jay Denit

I'm a Real Estate Broker in the state of Colorado. We have a separate foreclosure investing company, so I'm more than willing to answer any Colorado foreclosure questions for both the home owner and investor. I have sold bank owned homes all across the country for all of the big banks. I'd be happy to answer any questions about buying or selling residential homes and specialize in luxury estates. Furthermore, I have some experience in land acquisition and development and know a touch about water rights.

My experience is really anything that has to do with real estate. From buying and selling to investing and foreclosure, I’ve done it all. Being able to handle the acquisition and disposition under one roof gives me the intimate knowledge of all facets of property conveyance. My foreclosure/bank owned property (REO) experience gives me the problem solving mindset to always find a solution.

BARA- Boulder Association of Realtors NAR- National Association of Realtors CAR- Colorado Association of Realtors

Xavier University-- BSBA Finance Colorado State University-- Professional Certificate in Project Management