Buying or Selling a Home/Question about lenders?

Question
Good morning, Mr. Dennis. I live in Texas and am interested in purchasing a home for my granddaughters. I found several mortgage lenders to which I can apply, but before I go forward, I was wondering if they would be willing to provide assistance for someone who wants to put the home in their names. Is this possible? Thank you.

Answer
You don't say what age your granddaughters are, Miss SW. Let's assume they are at least 25, in which case you should have no trouble having them owning property, providing their credit is acceptable to the lenders. You could purchase the property in your name and then convey it to your daughters. However, lenders may not permit this.

But you could create a family trust with you as the trustee. You would then be the borrower with your granddaughters as the successor trustees on the family trust. My recommendation is to consult with an attorney who specializes in family trusts in Texas. But be aware that most lenders would not look happily on the transaction. So consulting with that attorney is very important. He/she will guide you in putting the purchased house in their names without making a lender mad.

I wish yo well.
Richard C Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis