Buying or Selling a Home/Buying to renting

Question
How much money can someone save by owning property to renting it? I look at apartment websites and know that my area of the state has among the cheapest rents but even so the cheapest apartments that show up are still out of my budget. I make maybe $200 a week after taxes which makes $600/month seem like a tight fit, and $600/month really is the cheapest and would take me out of my area a bit. Can property ownership be the answer?

Answer
Dear James,
If you cannot afford an apartment rent, then you probably cannot afford a house. I would suggest talking to a local mortgage broker and ask them to advise you on how to position yourself financially so you will be able to afford a house in the future. There are steps you can take to improve your financial status so that in a year or two, you will be not only be willing but also able to afford the mortgage on a house.
I hope that helps you, good luck,
Laurie

Buying or Selling a Home

Laurie Stephenson