Buying or Selling a Home/house I sold

Question
I sold a house on land contract. They paid it off in 3 years. Three years later the house is still in my name because they didn't have the deed. I got a hold of the real estate agent and was told to send the deed to him and he would take care of it. I live 5 hours away. It's been 3 months and he hasn't gotten a hold of these new owners. What do I do? I sent the relator a text, email and called still waiting to hear back.I'm at a lost it is still in my name. What should I do, the real estate agent has my policy  I outright owned the place

Answer
First of all, Debra, when a house is sold on a land contract, it is normal for the title to remain in the previous owner's name if the sales contract did not reflect the proper title transfer upon full payment. The Realtor obviously did not look out for your interests, since you were the one who paid his commission. The contract should have been written saying that the title is to be transferred upon the full payment of land contract.

It is recommended that you consult with a real estate attorney and have him/her contact the Realtor (most likely the agent's manager) and have them set everything straight. Make sure any and all costs of this should be borne by the Realtor. Or you should write a letter to the new owner and advise him/her that you will hire an attorney to sell the property if the new owner does not properly put the title in the new owner's name. I wish you well.

Dick Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis