Buying or Selling a Home/Rent-to-Own/owner Financing

Question
Are there any rules/regulations/restrictions/laws regarding the percentage/amount of money that can be charged when purchasing a rent-to-own property? Not even sure if this sale is rent-to-own or should be considered buyer financing. Our brother is purchasing a mfg.home (in a park). He gave the owner $3,000. down payment and is making monthly payments.  He has to pay the taxes, registration and home owners insurance-but has no papers of ownership.  Seems like the payments he will be required to make for the next 10 years will make this mfg. home more than 3 times the asking (sale) price of the home.  Is there a site I can read up on this?

Answer
If you really want to protect your brother, Sherry, I strongly suggest you consult with a REAL ESTATE attorney and show him the documents your brother is involved. Obviously, I would not be able to help without reading them myself.
Do not hesitate to consult a very knowledgeable real estate attorney. You might want to ask the the local Board of Realtors who their attorney is and consult with him/her. I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis