Buying or Selling a Home/how long after selling must you go

I just have become widowed in Jan. Back in Oct of 2015 buyer came in and said he wanted to buy the fARM. He said he had to sell mother's house first and this took all winter till the 4th of this month as he was making repairs. He went to title co. in Feb and finally put down earnest money after me ragging him. By then my husband was deceased and was worried if this man was going to come through. I called David when I found out he had  just put property up for sale and told him I could not buy another home in Maine which is 3200 miles from here with out proof of funds. So he finally paid after I lost 3 homes waiting and The sellers in Main are elderly and want till 18th of May to sign papers so they can get out . I am pressuring my Maine realtor to get them to do 30 days. My buyer called me today and told me he wanted me out now in next two days. We passed papers the 4th of this month. Am I stuck as I have no where to go till I have house at other end. I could leave by 28th but not before as I have movers. What can I do.

Dear Jean;
I hope that you are using a closing attorney (or someone equivalent).  I don't know what your contract stated but usually there is an agreement that states the closing date in the agreement that you both sign. I do not think (based on your comments) that you agreed to vacate your home in two days and therefore the closing dates reflected on the contract must stand regardless of your buyer's wishes.  Since I cannot review your contract, I suggest that you find someone local to advise you. If there was no agreed-upon date in the contract, then it is a badly written one and the Buyer is the one who will have to wait (indefinitely) until you vacate. A contract is a legal instrument that insures that you have a sale and if the Buyer were to walk away because he is not happy about something, he can be sued for breach of contract.  Again, it is important to review with a professional.  By all means, know what was stated before making a decision on what to do.

Best wishes,
Jessica Bryan

Buying or Selling a Home

Jessica Bryan

buying and selling process such as:
General questions from first time buyers
How to market a home
Why choose a REALTOR
How do I find a REALTOR
Should I consider buying or selling without a REALTOR--how much can I save
Should I remodel or move
How much can I expect to gain by fixing up my home before selling
Helpful tips when selling
Helpful tips when buying
finding a good mortgage loan
what is the difference between banks, mortgage bankers, and mortgage brokers
Questions from the general public, people thinking about getting their real estate license, newly licensed.
Fellow professionals who have interests in networking and how to get started
What is a market evaluation and how does it differ from an appraisal what are the different loan programs
services a REALTOR can perform
when to use a lawyer
when to use escrow
what are the regional differences in the buying and selling process
what is the MLS and how does it work
how can the layman access information on the web--listings and other information
These are just a few of the questions. I can suggest that if I am unable to answer a question I will refer the inquiry to a source that can.

Anyone who is in this business and who dedicates oneself to professionalism has continued to take classes and along with it,additional credentials, awards and honors. I can list a host of them, but my greatest accomplishments happen to be those of getting first time buyers (who didn't think they could afford to buy a home)into a home of their dreams. The look on their faces when I hand over the keys is worth all of the hard work.