Buying or Selling a Home/Gifted Money

Question
Hello Dick,
  We have a friend who is an only child and bought a house for her parents and her parents gifted her money as a down payment (about $15,000-$20,000. The idea was to have the house and sell it as a nest egg for her parents. Since that time (about 6 years) her parents are getting older and need a one story house. If my friend sells the house can she regift the money back to them in their next purchase?

Thanks,
Jason

Answer
Yes, Jason. However I recommend she consult with a real estate attorney or a certified public accountant to make sure the maneuver is executed correctly. When it is done professionally she will not have to worry that the IRS will be coming after her. I do wish you well.

Dick Dennis
California Real Estate Broker
dixiedee13@gmail.com

Buying or Selling a Home

Dick Dennis