Buying or Selling a Home/Solar panels

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this email/question. I am interested in leasing solar panels on the house I own. I've been living in my home for approximately 10 years I believe we will be selling within the next 5 years. What are your thoughts on leasing solar panels versus buying them.

What I mean by leasing is the company will install maintain and benefit from all the tax credits with no added cost pocket from the homeowner. However, most companies require a contract that the panels are on your home for 20 years.

With that being said, my question is if I decide to lease and not buy will the solar panels still increase the value of my home? Will homeowners be less likely to look at a house where they are required to keep the panels on the house?   In your opinion what are the pros and cons of leasing versus buying solar panels  strictly in selling the house.  There are many solar homes in my area/development so it is increasing in popularity

I've written about this topic on my blog. In general, leasing panels doesn't help you sell your home, in my experience.  However, buyers are getting more comfortable every year, so in five years it's true value may be more relevant.

Buying or Selling a Home

Matt Heisler

I can answer questions about buying or selling your home, and questions about the market in Massachusetts, with detailed answers if you ask about my specific area in Mass, Metrowest. I can help with Investment property and the basics of financing. How to construct deals and how to find bargains and how to protect capital. Land, home sales, rehabs, fix and flips, income property are places where I could be able to assist you. I can also answer basic questions about foreclosure, short-sales, 1031 exchanges, and basic questions about how the economy and credit markets are functioning and how that affects you.

My company sells residential real estate in Metrowest, and we have had a been selling real estate in the area for 20 years. My Blog can be read at Real Estate Sales in Massachusetts

Southborogh Rotary

Vanderbilt University BA

My client list is private.