Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/Paypal Alternative

Question
QUESTION: I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Currently paypal does not support Bangladesh though there were talks that it would.

I need to A Paypal Account for doing business on Ebay, Etsy and receiving money, since this is usually the exclusive form of payment for a lot of websites.

Can you suggest any alternative ways of how to get a paypal account?

I am looking for a legal alternative way of either getting a paypal account or a paypal alternative.

Thank You

ANSWER: Hi,

http://paypalbd.com/
In your country you can sign up to use paypal through visa/mastarcard at the above link. It is called paymentBD.com.

Another alternative is to open a foreign bank account in Italy or another country close to where you live. Sign up for the paypal account with your foreign bank account. I know this has been done.

https://www.moneybookers.com/app/
Moneybookers is another option although it is not widely used in the U.S. it is used in most other countries.

On Etsy you can accept checks, money orders, wire transfers and credit cards as an alternative to Paypal. You can sign up for direct check out using credit cards for payment.

Ebay is the only website that is restricting payment to only paypal. This is because Ebay owns paypal and wants all the fees.

Etsy is much easier to sell on than Ebay, the fees are less and you can accept more methods of payment.

Shirley

QUESTION: Thank You.
You are the only expert out of the four, who replied.

I took some time, researching all the options you presented, hence the late in the reply.

Anyways--
1. Paypalbd-- Its not certified by Paypal to handle their transactions. What it does is that it has its own foreign account and transfer your money from that. The company has a temporary office and is not well known. So it can be assumed that its quasi-legal.

2. Opening an Offshore Account-- is not worth opening, due to the vast complications of opening the offshore account. Its possible to get into legal troubles with it here.

3. Moneybookers-- is a good option. I tried it, but they want an international credit card to validate and make your account fully operational. Can you suggest any other alternatives? Is Payza a good one?

4. Etsy-- Its a good website. Thanks for suggesting.

Thank You

Answer
I do not know payza. It is what used to be Alertpay. Here is their website. Sounds like it might work but I have no experience with it. You might try it using something inexpensive and see if it works.

http://www.supportivehands.net/2012/09/best-alternative-to-paypal-in-pakistan.ht

Shirley

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Shirley McAllister