Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/Blocked from selling on! Can someone help?

Hi there,

Amazon took action against my amazon seller account because my order defect rate did not meet Amazons performance target of less than 1% and therefore blocked my seller account.

I want to appeal against this decision and would like some help on how to email them of this situation. They say that I must provide them with my detailed plan to meet amazon performace standards in the future and then amazon will decide if they can reinstate my seller account.

my question is now: what can i mention in the email? what can I write about meeting amazon performace? How can I meet amazon performance? any advise? please help.

Thank you.

Hi Craig,

I do not sell on Amazon, but I am a powerseller on Ebay and some other sites. Ebay also does this when the ratings go down too low.

First of all you need to figure out why this happened. I would suspect feedback or returns. If you have a lot of negative feedback or many returns find out why. You will need to correct it.

Once you figure out what the problem is than you can figure out how to correct it.

What Amazon wants is how you are going to correct the problem that put you in low performance standards.

If it is communications than put in your plan that you will send communications when the item is purchased and when it is shipped.

Amazon has non conditional returns so if you see on Amazon and someone returns an item the amount must be refunded with no squabbles, with a sorry you were not satisfied with the item your money has been refunded. Put in your plan that you will gladly refund the customer's money if they are not satisfied with the product received.

Pictures must be in the guidelines that Amazon has set forth. If the pictures are a problem than put in your plan you will format your pictures to match the required format. I know Amazon has an all white background, no watermarks I am not sure if they have a pixtels limit , Ebay is at 600 pixtels.

If shipping is a problem you will have to ship sooner and if packaging is a problem put in your plan that you will adequately package the items and ship in a timely manner.

So your plan would be something like this:

XYZ company improvement plan

XYZ company has been informed that selling performance has not met the required level for selling on Amazon. Xyz wishes to improve their performance to qualify with Amazon requirements.

The following is a list of improvements XYZ will make to qualify for Amazon selling status:

1) Customer Communication: We will communicate with the customer when the item is shipped and as needed to satisfy the customer's questions.

2) Return items will be refunded in a speedy manner and with a nice note stating we are sorry you were not satisfied with the product your cost has been fully refunded.

3) We will make sure our pictures conform to the standards of Amazon.

4) Products will be adequately packaged to prevent damage during shipping and shipped within the specified time limit for Amazon.

If there are other suggestions that you would be willing to give us to improve our companies position with Amazon please let us know we would much appreciate your feedback. We do wish to regain our seller's status on Amazon and are willing to act on any suggestions to make this happen.

We are asking that you reinstate our seller's status and  give us a chance to show that we can improve our image and meet your requirements.

Thank you.

John Doe
XYZ Company  

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Shirley McAllister

I have experience with Ebay, Etsy and Bonanza. I can also answer some questions on RubyLane and Ecrater. I know a little about running an ecommerce site off Ebay and the google adwords although I no longer have my ecommerce site due to time constraints. We are powersellers on Ebay and have been for a few years. We know most all the rules and regulations. What I can help with is how to write the descriptions to sell the product. What should be there and what should not. How to research the product to find the right prices. Communication and it's importance before and after the sale. I do know about sales tax how to set up an account, collect and pay also how to set up an EIN business account. I am working on becoming familiar with the new 1099K and how it works. We deal with collectible tins, so can answer most questions about collectibles, especially older tins, (tobacco, condom, powder, coffee) also some newer ones (cookies, candy, trucks, trains, toys, food tins). Just basically old collectible stuff. I can answer questions on how to package and ship the various items. I am not a tax expert so do not ask about your Schedule C forms, I pay someone to do that. Since I have been 30 years in Payroll and Human Resources I have some experience with numbers and with people. It has helped me with running our Ebay venture over the years. I'll do my best to either answer your question or find the answer for you and if I cannot I will let you know.

Ebay, Etsy, Bonanza sellers. Ebay Power sellers since 2003. Sales Tax experience through employment. Experience with people and communication through my employment for 30 years. Packing and shipping experience as well as reasearch through running our own business.

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) BSU (Boise State University) Accounting/bookkeeping/Human Resources PHR (Professional in Human Resources) PA (Payroll Administrator -Canada) Payroll administration UK George Washington University certificate in Internal Investigations Notary of Public State of Idaho Ecommerce business owner