Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/eBay/Paypal account

I have the following books by Joel Chandler Harris:

1.   “Nights with Uncle Remus” Myths and Legends of the Old Plantation. Riverside Press Printed 1883.
2.   “Mingo” and other Sketches in Black and White. The Riverside Press, Cambridge.  Printed 1890.
3.   “Balaam and His Master” and other sketches and stories. The Riverside Press, Cambridge. Printed 1891.
4.   “On the Plantation” a story of a Georgia boy’s Adventure during the war. D. Appleton and Company. Printed 1892. Signed by the author. “yours faithfully Joelchandlerharris”.

I am a novice in both selling on eBay and old books.
•   How do I setup an account on eBay and Pay pal?
•   Is eBay the right place to sell these books?
•    Also is there a source that can help me determine a fair price for the books?
Thank you

You can set up an account on Ebay and Paypal from the home page of the Ebay website. It's a bit involved, but it's menu driven, just follow the choices.

I've sold old books on Ebay, and got what I thought was a fair price. Pawn Shops and Book Stores will give you less, and I'm not aware of other possibilities, other than auction houses, which I don't think would be interested in these, unless they are worth a lot more than I assume. So I think Ebay is probably the best place.

You can search Ebay completed listings for prices of books like yours. I checked on the first one and saw a similar book had sold for $175 - -obviously price depends on condition, etc.

Good luck,

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Gordon Petersen

I can answer questions about buying and selling on Ebay. I can explain how to set up an account with Ebay and Paypal, and how to get started in both buying and selling. I can answer questions about obtaining the highest value for items being sold, and how to buy at the lowest price. I can answer questions about likely selling price for items being sold.

I have been an Ebay member for over 10 years and have completed well over 1000 tranactions. I have been a selling assistant for over 5 years, helping others sell items on Ebay

I have two engineering degrees