Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/Question

When buying used items, for example on eBay, how do I ensure that I am buying something that is in good faith. For example, how do I check to ensure that the used item being sold is not stolen and seller has title. Interested in buying a used video camera but, would like to know how to ensure that what I am buying belong to the owner and is not stolen.
The other question I have is to find out, how do I register personal items after buying them to be able to prove that I bought x or y item.
What are the different ways of registering an item?

There is no way to be 100% sure who owns any item. In fact, a number of items sold on Ebay are not owned by the seller.

There are a number of websites that offer personal item registration. You can find these on Google --

Good luck

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Gordon Petersen

I can answer questions about buying and selling on Ebay. I can explain how to set up an account with Ebay and Paypal, and how to get started in both buying and selling. I can answer questions about obtaining the highest value for items being sold, and how to buy at the lowest price. I can answer questions about likely selling price for items being sold.

I have been an Ebay member for over 10 years and have completed well over 1000 tranactions. I have been a selling assistant for over 5 years, helping others sell items on Ebay

I have two engineering degrees