Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/Scared wholesale goods from China

Dear Ms. Mcallister,
I'm kind of worried.  I just do wire work as a non income generating hobby. I do give some things away if someone really would like it but no money.

Here's the thing.  I have been buying beads and art supplies from China online at ebay.  I have bought a few items from Chinese sellers listed as"wholesale".  I  pay with PayPal.
Can I buy goods from China that say wholesale in the seller's listing for my own personal use without having some sort of license?  
Do I have to pay any special fees here in the US when online goods from China state that they are wholesale.  I have bought about $100.00 of stuff this way.  8 think Paypal notes if things are  wholesale.

what does this all mean ?  Does the fact that Chinese sellers label goods as wholesale for  larger quantities
Have any ramifications for me here in the US ?

I am totally nervous and freaked out .  I know you probably have more important questions and things to do but it would so kind, and I truly appreciate your reading this.  I am not as articulate as I was. But
Thank you so much for  reading this far.  I appreciate it. - k

You have the right to buy supplies on Ebay wholesale for personal use. There are no restrictions on this and as long as the seller is on Ebay and the purchase is on Ebay. If you buy from them off line and they are ebay sellers they could get in trouble from Ebay for doing this, but you will not.

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Shirley McAllister

I have experience with Ebay, Etsy and Bonanza. I can also answer some questions on RubyLane and Ecrater. I know a little about running an ecommerce site off Ebay and the google adwords although I no longer have my ecommerce site due to time constraints. We are powersellers on Ebay and have been for a few years. We know most all the rules and regulations. What I can help with is how to write the descriptions to sell the product. What should be there and what should not. How to research the product to find the right prices. Communication and it's importance before and after the sale. I do know about sales tax how to set up an account, collect and pay also how to set up an EIN business account. I am working on becoming familiar with the new 1099K and how it works. We deal with collectible tins, so can answer most questions about collectibles, especially older tins, (tobacco, condom, powder, coffee) also some newer ones (cookies, candy, trucks, trains, toys, food tins). Just basically old collectible stuff. I can answer questions on how to package and ship the various items. I am not a tax expert so do not ask about your Schedule C forms, I pay someone to do that. Since I have been 30 years in Payroll and Human Resources I have some experience with numbers and with people. It has helped me with running our Ebay venture over the years. I'll do my best to either answer your question or find the answer for you and if I cannot I will let you know.

Ebay, Etsy, Bonanza sellers. Ebay Power sellers since 2003. Sales Tax experience through employment. Experience with people and communication through my employment for 30 years. Packing and shipping experience as well as reasearch through running our own business.

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) BSU (Boise State University) Accounting/bookkeeping/Human Resources PHR (Professional in Human Resources) PA (Payroll Administrator -Canada) Payroll administration UK George Washington University certificate in Internal Investigations Notary of Public State of Idaho Ecommerce business owner