Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/Selling an Unlocked iPhone 5s on eBay

Question
Hi, I hope you can help me on my eBay wording listing. Im trying to sell a unwanted gift, an Apple iPhone 5s Unlocked in brand new sealed condition.

In my listing, I want to mention that the iphone is an unwanted gift. Bought for a friend but turns out that she already has an iphone 5s. so selling on ebay. it also includes the origianl recipt. and warrant has not started yet as its not been connected to itunes yet.

How can I mention this in my ebay listing in a professional wording way. How else can you reword the above paragraph?

And also how can I word the title/heading, please?

Any thoughts on this? Please help, I'm stuck.
Thanks.

Answer
Good morning Craig,

I am happy to help you with your questions pertaining to selling the iPhone 5s.  For starters, you would be better off if you could return the phone to the place of purchase, to get the maximum return on your money.  If that is not possible, eBay is a viable second option.

You can mention all these things in your listing and I encourage you to do so, as most people will definitely want to know, WHY, you're selling a perfectly good iPhone 5s.  Honesty is always the best policy, so explaining your situation with the unwanted gift will help you sell the phone and establish trust with potential buyers.

As for your other questions...

-- How can I mention this in my eBay listing in a professional wording way.

The way most eBay sellers determine how to word their listings is by doing research on the eBay website.  First you will want to click on "Advanced Search" right next to the large blue SEARCH button on the eBay home page. Once you're on the ADVANCED SEARCH page, enter your keywords (iPhone 5s new unlocked) into white SEARCH BOX, then scroll down just a little bit and click the box next to COMPLETED LISTINGS. Once you get to the page of search results, look on the left side of the page and select "New" under the CONDITION section. The page will refresh and you'll see a new page of search results. On the top right you will see a down-arrow and a box, click on the arrow and resort the search by HIGHEST FIRST. The page will once again refresh. When the new page appears, scroll through the results until you see an exact match for your phone that SOLD (price will be shown in bold green font). Rather than reinvent the wheel, simple click on that listing and click "Sell Similar" or "Have one to sell."  The category and title will already be completed for you.

-- How else can you reword the above paragraph?

Using the exact method above, copy the description onto your browser clipboard, BEFORE you click on "Sell similar." Once you get to the large white box where you create your description, paste the description into that box by using the keyboard shortcut, "Press and hold the control button and then press the V key on your keyboard."  Tweak the description as necessary, as we never want to plagiarize. VOILE'

Merry Christmas Craig :)-

Stephanie Inge
Dallas, Texas

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Stephanie Inge