Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/rate

Question
Vintage
Vintage  
Vintage
Vintage  
QUESTION: Iím trying to find out what the attached is worth, thank you

ANSWER: I think this is probably an antique of some type. I do not deal with antiques but with vintage items most of mine are 1940 to 1950 tin items. I couldn't tell what it was from the picture.

What type of item is it and the back is too small, what is the notation on the back. I have some books at home, but not at work. If I know what it is I may be able to do some research on it.

Shirley

QUESTION: thanks here's what it says on the back "hand painted ANDREA made in occupied Japan"

Answer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OCCUPIED-JAPAN-HAND-PAINTED-ANDREA-WALL-HANGING-/3510369

http://www.rubylane.com/item/217010-7798/Two-Hand-Painted-Andrea-Occupied

Porcelain items marked "Occupied Japan" guarantees the item was made in the Occupied Japan time frame, ranging from 1945 to 1952. To insure the item is not a fake, it was suggested that you  rub the marking with fingernail polish remover, if it does not rub off it is an original.

I also found this reference:

Occupied Japan was printed on pottery, porcelain, toys, and other goods made during the American occupation of Japan after World War II, from 1947 to 1952. Collectors now search for these pieces. The items were made for export. Many pieces with the Occupied Japan mark were inexpensive novelties for dime stores, while others were copies of European ceramic favorites.

From what I have seen researching Kovals, Worthpoint, Ruby Lane, Ebay I have found that many items were made suring this time period for exporting. It appears the prices run from 10.00 to 25.00 for the most part.

I couldn't find anything on the "Amanda" mark it was not registerd with the other "occupied n Japan markes like "Nortake and Merit" Here is a website where some of the most common marks are listed. I could not find an Amanda mark.
http://www.the4cs.com/~cathy/MIOJ/Marks.html

Shirley  

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Shirley McAllister