Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions/Query re selling online

Question

I have a complicated question or two to ask:- I have had acute anxiety for some time but have mostly gotten rid of it by now. I still have a few minor issues but cannot really work with other people in an office for various reasons.So I am looking online for genuine work.  I am not interested in selling on ebay or amazon or etsy as they have long ago become far too greedy but I am more focused on the smaller online marketplaces, the ones with no listing fees, for example, and a lower cut of the profits. I have no interest in the scammy sites like Fiverr or Amazon Mechanical Turk or whatever where one gets paid a pittance per hour. What I was planning to do was to intensively study a long online course for months etc. in(oh I don't know) woodcarving, and then make and sell the (high quality) pieces on a cheaper, smaller online marketplace. What high-profit-margin high quality handmade products would you recommend to make and sell and on which online cheap marketplace? Thanks a lot!

Answer
I tried selling on those other marketplaces and really never did any good. The only place I would recommend you to sell handmade items would be ETSY.  It is not free, but it only costs 25 cents to list for 3 months. The store is free , you get to have your own shop on ETSY.  They take a small percentage of the sale not a huge amount like Ebay. The people are great and if you join some teams you can get promoted as you also promote. Teams promote each other's listings. It is easy to use. Does not have the traffic that Ebay has but we do pretty good selling vintage items.  It is actually more geared toward handmade, there are some wood carving shops on Etsy. Just go to Etsy.com and check it out.

Shirley

Buying & Selling Thru Ebay & Other Auctions

Shirley McAllister