Buying a computer system/Which laptop should I choose?

Question
Ok, so I have a problem. I can't choose between these two laptops:

-Lenovo IdeaPad U510 Laptop Intel Core i7-3517U(1.90GHz) 15.6" 8GB DDR3 Memory 1TB $829
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.w

-HP Pavilion g7-2282nr Notebook AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M(1.9GHz) 17.3" 8GB DDR3 Memory 1TB $719
http://www.qvc.com/footers/el/pdf/E223834E223936_Specs.pdf

---------------------------------------

Laptop will be used for gaming (World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Saints Row 2), work (photoshop, browsing web), and for watching movies.
Also, sometimes I can use the laptop many hours continuously so I'm concerned about overheating.

I hope you can help me with my decision.

Answer
Unfortunately finding legitimate benchmarks for the graphics controllers between these two systems is proving challenging - however that aside, the HP is looking to be the better buy assuming mobility isn't a primary concern. But this is where I'm going to divert a bit from "getting a laptop" and suggest a desktop computer if gaming is your primary motivation - it will eliminate the bulk majority of concerns related to using a laptop for such, improve performance (especially relative to how much money you're putting out), and be better suited for multi-tasking and similar (especially if you deploy multiple monitors). Depending on your mobility needs, a secondary system might be the best option there as well - it really depends on your exact usage scenario:

Do you need to take World of Warcraft and Photoshop with you everywhere? Or do you just need to be able to access the Internet and communicate with other people/computers while on the go?

As far as the games themselves running, they will likely all run at drastically reduced settings (especially Saints Row 2), but should run. Don't expect much useful battery life while the system is running anything this intensive either.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

-bob

Buying a computer system

Bobbert