Buying a computer system/Purchasing high end laptop

Thank you for your time.  I am interested in what I hunk s a high end computer.  Here are the specs.

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
18.4 inch (467.36 mm) WLED WideFHD (1080p) display (1920 X 1080)
16GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
1TB RAID 0 (2x 500GB SATA 3B/s 7,200 RPM) + 32GB mSATA Caching SSD
Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - SLI® Enabled
1 Year Essential Support
11.93 lbs

It's an Alienware $3300.00. A lot of $
I know this is for gaming but I'm looking for something with ultimate ram/rom to use for watching and recording video and game.  I understand Internet bandwidth has everything to do with net speed. If who you are watching-downloading for I.e YouTube isn't as big or strong I only receive what they are capable of.  
I want the best graphics, really the best of everything.  Your thoughts?

And again thank you again for your time,

I'm not understanding, from your description, what you actually want out of this system. Generally speaking "gaming laptops" are an abysmal value (and will not hold their value over time), and unless you're one of the few people that needs (or at least really really wants) to be able to play modern PC games on the go, this machine is not a good buy.

When you mention "watching and recording video" - I'd really need to know more about your specific application requirements and workflow to provide a more in-depth answer, but I'm going to tell you this machine will not have any advantage when it comes to that kind of work, over considerably less expensive equipment (the graphics cards do nothing for you here, and the reduced reliability of the storage subsystem is a bad idea if dealing with video production).

Basically I'm going to need clarification of your goals, and then I can provide a better answer. I'd also urge you to consider the actual need for portability here - this machine is very much in the DTR class, and not exactly "mobile" (it will have fairly bad battery life, be heavy, and generally unwieldly in a lot of mobile environments); if you need true mobility I would suggest different hardware, and if this machine is just going to be planted on a desk and plugged in, I would suggest different hardware. Actual applications for this kind of machine are very limited.

Buying a computer system

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience