Buying a computer system/update on laptops

Hi Bob, I was looking in the wrong place.  There are many laptops around me on craigslist.  In fact, a tech shop has some good deals.  Here are the ones available:

Hp 6510B - windows 7
Hp 6910p - windows 7
Toshiba satellite - windows 8

more but those are the ones that standout.

See my previous reply for a more detailed answer. In the case of these, my previous statement regarding lack of specific details is going to stand as well; we simply don't know enough about them to make a determination if they're in good shape or not. Furthermore, unless these machines are in the $150 range, I'd honestly suggest going with a brand-new machine at the upper-end of your budget, to avoid any headache associated with used equipment.

Buying a computer system

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience