Buying a computer system/Laptop internet problems

I have a 2008 laptop that's not wifi ready. It doesn't have wifi.

How do I get an internet connection on it, and what are all the things I need to connect to the internet on my laptop.

Thank you.

Well, we'll need to know more about the system - who made it, what model number, etc in order to determine what kind of expansion capabilities it offers. Having said that, WiFi is not a pre-requisite for Internet access, nor is it expensive or complicated to add to a machine assuming it has appropriate expansion capabilities.

If you want to go the route of WiFi at home, you will also need some form of access point to provide the WiFi signal for your associated devices to use. Along with, of course, an Internet service connection.

Buying a computer system

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience