Buying a computer system/Gaming PC

Question
Hi Bobbert,

I am wanting to buy a PC for gaming and I've found one but before buying it I would like to ask you if you think it will be a good choice as I don't want it to lag and be good for any games.
These are the features of it -

AMD A8 6600K Quad Core Processor / CPU running at 3.9GHz (With 4.2GHz Turbo Mode!)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
LATEST AMD RADEON HD8570D Graphics!
1TB SEAGATE Barracuda 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive With 64MB Cache
SAMSUNG 24X DVD / CD - RW Dual Layer Optical Disc Drive
MSI FM2-A55M-E35 uATX Motherboard
500W Quiet Power Supply Featuring Large 120mm Cooling Fan
High Quality Vantage BLUE Desktop PC Gaming Case with 3 x 120mm BLUE LED Cooling Fans.
SD Memory Card Reader Built Into Top of Case
Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN
6 X High Speed USB 2.0 Ports on Back Plus Further 2 On Top
8 Channel HD Audio

Answer
What kinds of games does it need to play specifically? The graphics hardware included is based on an AMD APU, which will be suitable for lighter modern games, or older games, however will not be a good candidate for heavier modern games, high resolutions, multi-monitor, etc support as it simply doesn't have a lot of processing power. The other concerns I would have would be about the power supply - is it from a quality manufacturer, what kinds of specifications/ratings does it, and so forth, or is it a no-name unit (and likely low quality as a result)?

Otherwise the system isn't unbalanced in any dramatic way - it has more than enough memory for anything, a large hard-drive, etc which are all good things to see in a gaming machine. If the system has a quality power supply, and could be upgraded with a more robust graphics card, it shouldn't be a problem overall unless you need extremely high resolution or mutli-monitor support (this is kind of an obtuse configuration though).

-bob

Buying a computer system

Bobbert