Buying a computer system/New PC requirement for high end 3d modelling

Question
Hi. I want to buy a new PC which Is typically want to use for 3D modelling, videos and renderings.

Can you suggest me list of configurations I would require to assemble and buy the best PC suitable for this purpose.

My current PC configurations are :

1. Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
2. RAM : 14GB
3. System : 64bit (window 7 professional)
4. Graphics : NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 650 (memory - 4038Mb)

Using these configuration, My system still feels low for applications like Autodesk Revit, Lumion etc.

Request to please share suggestions at the earliest possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Anubhav
4.

Answer
The primary limitation on your current system is the graphics card - the CPU is still relatively recent, and you have a lot of memory (more won't hurt, but that's likely easy enough to add). For running applications like Autodesk and similar, generally you want a graphics card off of their HCL - this often means an nVidia Quadro or AMD FirePro series adapter.

If you're running into very long render times for very big projects, that's just a limitation of the single-socket machine. Even a newer 4000 series Core i7 would not dramatically improve this. You would be better served by having additional renderer "slaves" on your network (essentially a small render-farm). Many rendering applications support this, but specific implementations vary from application to application.

-bob

Buying a computer system

Bobbert