C++/I have 2 questions...

First, Thank You 4 answering my last question. It help me much.

The first question is how to create a GROUPBOX control (Not in a DialogBox). Please give me a source code.

The second question is why when creating a Button using the next code :

HWND hButton;
hButton = CreateWindowEx(NULL, "BUTTON", "Add" ,WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP,
     hwnd, (HMENU) IDC_ADD, GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL);

The font of the button is big.
When creating a button in a DialogBox the font is ok. How can i create a regular button outside a DialogBox ?

Gil Michael , Thank you for your question.

Windows predefined controls must be created as children of dialog boxes. Otherwise, unexpected results will occur. You can make any window act as a dialog box by following the instructions given in the MSDN Library; specifically, you must allocate space for the local window dialog data and must handle dialog box messages.

You can search Microsoft's MSDN Library at

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science