I have MSWORKS 3.0 and I want to make it portable so I can open Works files from my flash drive. Is that possible and is the source code for this version of Works available? I didn't know who to ask this question so if you have any idea where I could get help with this that would be great!

Thanks for your help

I'm not quite sure what you mean by portable.  If you mean accessing files on a flash drive, I would expect that to work by using the flash drive's letter (i.e. D:) with the file names.

As far as I know, I've not seen Microsoft release source code to anything.

There may be better outlets or forums to ask this question than this one.  I don't know a good one.

Bill A

I can answer questions about C++, programming algorithms, Windows programming in MFC (which is C++). I cannot answer questions about STL (templates) and I have no experience with Linux. I do enjoy reviewing code and critiquing it or finding problems in it. I will also gladly show better algorithms or methods if you want to take advantage of that.

I've developed a commercial embedded C compiler/assembler and IDE with debugger toolset, of which the IDE and debugger are written in C++. I work in the industry writing high tech embedded programs and Windows programs to communicate with the embedded devices.

Book: Embedded Systems Design using the Rabbit 3000 Microprocessor Authored Chapter 10 in its entirety.

BS Computer Engineering