C++/How to create a project file

Question
hello sir,
i m paritosh and i want 2 know that how can we transform a simple c++ file into a project. sir i've tried it by doing by going 2 save as and save file with extention .prj, but unfortunately its not working. please help me if u can

'with kind regards'

Answer
Hello,

You don't tell me what tools you're using to create a project.  Most likely the tools have a Project menu and in that menu you'll find Open and Create project.  Use Create.  Then you will add the C++ files to the project.  You cannot simply do a Save and change the file extension.  Just like you cannot save a .TXT file as a .DOC file and have Microsoft Word or WordPad open the file.

Bill

C++

Bill A