C++/How to create a project file

hello sir,
i m paritosh and i want 2 know that how can we transform a simple c++ file into a project. sir i've tried it by doing by going 2 save as and save file with extention .prj, but unfortunately its not working. please help me if u can

'with kind regards'

You don't tell me what tools you're using to create a project.  Most likely the tools have a Project menu and in that menu you'll find Open and Create project.  Use Create.  Then you will add the C++ files to the project.  You cannot simply do a Save and change the file extension.  Just like you cannot save a .TXT file as a .DOC file and have Microsoft Word or WordPad open the file.

Bill A

I can answer questions about C++, programming algorithms, Windows programming in MFC (which is C++). I cannot answer questions about STL (templates) and I have no experience with Linux. I do enjoy reviewing code and critiquing it or finding problems in it. I will also gladly show better algorithms or methods if you want to take advantage of that.

I've developed a commercial embedded C compiler/assembler and IDE with debugger toolset, of which the IDE and debugger are written in C++. I work in the industry writing high tech embedded programs and Windows programs to communicate with the embedded devices.

Book: Embedded Systems Design using the Rabbit 3000 Microprocessor Authored Chapter 10 in its entirety.

BS Computer Engineering