C++/C++ compiler CL

Dear Mr/Mrs,

Somewhere I read that C++ uses the compiler CL(.exe).
what i know sofar about CL is that it can compile both C and C++ and that it understands more then other compilers in Visual, but what else can you tell me about CL?

Thank you,

Hello Dizastor, thank you for the question.

cl.exe is the actual executable file called by Visual Studio to compile C or C++ code into object code. There are many other compilers for Windows, such as Borland C++, Turbo C++, and Codeblocks. If you kick off a build from Visual Studio, and then open and examine the processes in the Task Manager, then you should be able to see cl.exe running.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.