C++/C++ compiler CL

Question
Dear Mr/Mrs,

Somewhere I read that C++ uses the compiler CL(.exe).
what i know sofar about CL is that it can compile both C and C++ and that it understands more then other compilers in Visual, but what else can you tell me about CL?

Thank you,
Dizastor

Answer
Hello Dizastor, thank you for the question.

cl.exe is the actual executable file called by Visual Studio to compile C or C++ code into object code. There are many other compilers for Windows, such as Borland C++, Turbo C++, and Codeblocks. If you kick off a build from Visual Studio, and then open and examine the processes in the Task Manager, then you should be able to see cl.exe running.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

C++

Eddie