C++/Seperating child's of MDI from Frame

Question
I wanted to seperate the child of MDI from the Frame, So that I can move the child to anywhere on the desktop frame.

Any suggestion would be valuable

Answer
I don't think you can - I've not seen how, and this is further backed by the fact that programs that can do it (e.g. Visual Studio 2003) do so by closing and reopening the IDE after turning off MDI.  I believe the MDI parent owns all child windows.  You might be able to open a new window with the MDI parent not being the parent, move the contents to the new window and close the previous.  If they are in place you might not see the 2 windows overlap.

Bill

C++

Bill A