C++/Design Question

I have a system designed in excel 2003. Hosted on a windows XP pc. The system computates extensive math equations in real time with live streaming data.

I need to duplicate this system by 35 fold. I want to move beyond excel. Would C++ be a good alternative?

Hello Dave, thank you for the question.

If you want to change your application to be a plug in for Excel, I suggest using Visual Basic. It has built in integration for the Microsoft Office suite, as they are all written in Visual Basic, not C++.

I hope this information was helpful. Feel free to ask another question if you don't understand.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.