C++/convert pointer to int

Could you please tell me how to convert a pointer to an integer. I am overloading delete and i want to convert a void * to a int.

void *vPtr;
int i;

i = (int) vPtr;
vPtr = (void *) int;

Some advice:  What you're doing isn't usual.  If you want to give more information on what you're doing, I'll help more.  But I suspect you're not going to go where you're trying to get to.

Bill A

I can answer questions about C++, programming algorithms, Windows programming in MFC (which is C++). I cannot answer questions about STL (templates) and I have no experience with Linux. I do enjoy reviewing code and critiquing it or finding problems in it. I will also gladly show better algorithms or methods if you want to take advantage of that.

I've developed a commercial embedded C compiler/assembler and IDE with debugger toolset, of which the IDE and debugger are written in C++. I work in the industry writing high tech embedded programs and Windows programs to communicate with the embedded devices.

Book: Embedded Systems Design using the Rabbit 3000 Microprocessor Authored Chapter 10 in its entirety.

BS Computer Engineering