C++/increment decrement opertors

Question
how do increment and decrement operators work in an expression? is it that first all increment then all decrement and then other operations are executed.
please clear this with some examples. is the execution same in both C and C++.
please tell how these are executed if x=1 initially.
y=++x + ++x + 5;
y=x++ + x++ + 5;
y=x++ + ++x + x++ + 10;

Answer
When you have increment (pre or post) or decrement of the same variable in an expression, by definition of the C/C++ ISO standard, the behavior (result) is undefined.

All of your examples are undefined - ++ and -- shouldn't be used like this, and because of the definition, there is no right answer.

Bill

C++

Bill A