C++/problem with glut.h header file

glut.h error
glut.h error  
good day, I try to compile a program and the error I get is
C:/unisa/mingw/include/gl/glut.h:47: error: redeclaration of C++ built-in type `short'

mingw32-make: *** [first.o] Error 1

line --- typedef unsigned short wchar_t; (in the glut.h file)

no clue how to fix this, new to openGL

wchar_t is usually defined by the compiler environment.  Try commenting out this line and see if it isn't needed.

I can't make out the glut.h screen shots - thanks for including them though.

Let me know what else you try.  Sometimes these things are solved by trial an error because something else is causing the error.

Bill A

I can answer questions about C++, programming algorithms, Windows programming in MFC (which is C++). I cannot answer questions about STL (templates) and I have no experience with Linux. I do enjoy reviewing code and critiquing it or finding problems in it. I will also gladly show better algorithms or methods if you want to take advantage of that.

I've developed a commercial embedded C compiler/assembler and IDE with debugger toolset, of which the IDE and debugger are written in C++. I work in the industry writing high tech embedded programs and Windows programs to communicate with the embedded devices.

Book: Embedded Systems Design using the Rabbit 3000 Microprocessor Authored Chapter 10 in its entirety.

BS Computer Engineering