C++/Programming difference

Question
Hi, I'm a C++ newbie currently taking the C++ Beginneer's guide. I'm approaching the end of the book and as I search for example programs, I've discovered that I program in a very different way from the usual. For example, I use
cout << "a is 1";  // instead of
cout << "a is 1" << endl;
and many other places, can you explain why, is my method of programming correct? If possible, can you provide a list of differences between these methods of programming?

tahnks

Answer
Hey, Angela.

As I mentioned in the question that you sent me directly a few days ago, coding style is extremely subjective, and just about everybody has a different style in one way or another.  There is no right or wrong when it comes to coding style, as long as you follow the semantics of the language.

This particular example, the only difference between the two lines is that, in your code, you don't terminate the line.  The endl code simply adds a newline character, same as adding a \n to the end of your line.  Neither method is incorrect, it's just that one of them inserts a newline to bring the cursor to the next line.

C++

Joseph Moore