C++/source code

Question
I have a .exe file that I have lost the source code for. Ive tried decompiling it with a number of different programs, with the end result being a long list of assembly code. Is there any way to convert the assembly code into something more readable like C++?

Answer
Hi, Michael.

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an assembly to C++ converter.  It would be extraordinarily difficult to go from very low-level code such as ASM to high-level code such as C++.  There are a lot of tricks and optimizations that compilers will make when converting from C++ to ASM that can make the code seem very different than the original.  Determining the original C++ from ASM would be next to impossible.

C++

Joseph Moore