C++/visual c++ 6.0 error

hello eddie, i'm newbie to this program though i did some basic programs in dos. my scenario is when i'm trying to build a project in console application after i compile it, run it and saved it the next day or everytime i close my project and re-opened it the error keeps on showing.

//here is the error

nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex
libcd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/welcome3Dlg.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

please help me with this i can't move on with my project. thanks in advanced.

Hello Roger, thank you for the question.

It appears that you don't have a main function defined. When you open your solution, does it properly load the project file, as well as your source code files and headers?

Also, I notice it is called welcome3Dlg.exe. Are you using dialogs? If so, you wouldn't want to use a console application, but a Windows application. However, that may be just a name.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.