C++/Doubts regarding C software

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir,
        Is it possible to create softwares with C or C++ program?If possible if I have to create a software for Windows OS,should I know about how Windows OS is programmed?
regards,
Vivek.

ANSWER: Hi, Vivek.

It is indeed possible to create software with C/C++.  In fact, that's the whole reason that C and C++ exist -- to create software.  

If you intend to create programs for Windows, then you ought to learn the Windows programming APIs, such as the basic Win32 API, MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes), and .NET.  These are utilities created and distribute by Microsoft specifically for creating Windows applications, with the idea being to create a universal look and feel to the applications (like how every application has the same buttons for minimize, maximize, close, etc.).  

You don't need to know how the Windows OS itself was created, you just need to know how to work within the toolset provided.  I recommend you get a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio, either the Express Edition, which is free, or the Professional Edition, which has many more options, but costs a fair bit.

Let me know if you have further questions!

QUESTION: Thank you for your prompt reply sir.I will get a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio.Can you recommend some books for learning how to code or create an application with Visual Studio?I have 2 more doubts:
1)What is Visual studio used for?As far as I understand Visual studio is used to create a GUI for a C or C++ program,am I right.
2)What is Microsoft Visual Basic used for?What is the difference between Visual studio and Visual basic?

Answer
Visual Studio is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for a number of languages.  Visual Studio supports C, C++, C#, Visual J#, Visual Basic, etc.  Visual Studio has been the gold standard IDE for many, many years, every since Visual Studio 6.0, which was back in 1998.  Since then, Visual Studio has progressed even further and most application development is done in Visual Studio, including pretty much all game development.  Visual Studio can be used to write console applications, Windows applications, video games, or just about anything.

Visual Basic is another programming language.  It's used primarily in business applications and is widely used to make interfaces for things like Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.  Visual Basic is an easy-to-use, easy-to-understand language that allows for some pretty rapid application development (hence the reason it's used for so many business applications).  Visual Studio includes a compiler and context sensitivity for Visual Basic.

C++

Joseph Moore