C++/include file

Why is Turbo C++ not able to find any of my #include files?

Hi, Arianne.

It's been many years since I've used Turbo C++, and I really don't remember how the setup works, but when you're including a file, there are a few things to keep in mind.  Generally, there is a list of paths to search for include files.  This means that your include file must be either in one of these directories, in the same directory as the CPP that is including the file, or you will have to put the full path to the include file in the include statement.

I hope this helps.  If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Joseph Moore

I've been programming in one form or another since my brother taught me BASIC when I was 6. I've been programing professionally since I was 20, first web development with HTML, JS, DHTML, CSS, etc., then I became a video game developer, writing code in C, C++, C#, SQL, assembly, and various scripting languages. I've even written my own scripting languages, custom designed for the games I was making. I also dabble in Java, PHP, and Perl. I've worked on pretty much every aspect of game development, including graphics, audio, gameplay, tool, UI, input, animation, and physics.

I've been writing C++ code for 12 years, both on my own in my spare time and professionally.

Bachelor of Science in Game Design and Development, Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL

Salutatorian and Advanced Achiever Awards at Full Sail; Independent Games Festival Student Showcase winner, 2004; Featured article on Gamasutra about an experimental game developed in 2004