C++/A computer mystery

Question
Hi, Zlatho

Hope you've been doing well.

Ever since I've purchased a new wireless Microsoft mouse for my labtop I've been getting this message that I have some kind of error. When my labtop is already on and I'm online suddenly my computer screen goes into this message with a blue background that says...

A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hard-drive or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cashing or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xE23605F0, 0xC0000185, 0xBF8B5F6E, 0x16B30860)

*** win32k.sys - address BF8B5F6E base at BF800000, Datestamp 4oo6d6a2

Beginning dump of physical memory
physial memory dump computer.
comtact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance
-----------
And sometimes but rarely my computer screen goes into this message with a blue background that says...

STOP: C0000218 Unknown hard error

Beginning dump of physical memory
physial memory dump computer.
-------

I've had this labtop for 5 years now and so far I've had one hard-drive failure says "Bestbuy". But after I got it back from them three and a half weeks later they changed their story and told me it was a virus. So I'm not sure if they even knew that they were doing.

I've already unistalled and re-installed the wireless mouse software and everything was ok for about 2 weeks but now the problem is coming back. I've had another small computer shop look at this and they told me the hard-drive was running down and that I should just buy a new computer because these machines are only designed to last 2 to 3 years. But I dont want to buy another one unless I really have too.

Ever since I've had my wireless mouse transmitter unplugged from my computer this error message does not come up. What should I do now after I unistalled and re-installed the software to fix this problem? Please help me with this. I would really like to learn something from this experience.

Take care
myspace.com/codedecrypter

Answer
Hello Sterling

I cannot give you a technical explanation about why the problem is occurring, but you seem to have confirmed that it is the wireless mouse. If I was in your situation, I would just give up on the wireless idea. You may want to try a different brand of mouse but it could end up being a waste of money. You may be able to get a more technical answer from the Microsoft or the mouse vendor if you can provide them with the blue screen information or the physical memory dump, but I doubt that they will be interested in helping. Each will point the finger at the other.

Best regards
Zlatko

C++

Zlatko