C++/Developing Programs

Question
Hello,

I am looking into creating programs that are meaningful. In other words, I don't want to answer questions from a textbook. How do I get started in creating a personal project or getting involved in open source projects?

My background is: Java, C++, Python, JavaScript, object oriented principles, algorithms, data structures.

I want to improve my programming skills and create some sort of project that will impress an employer. What will you suggest?

Thanks, Jonathan

Answer
Hi jonathan,

I am sorry i am so so late . It is because of my xmas and new year holidays :(
I think you should search out free projects from sourceforge.com. Check for open source projects on the internet. there are plenty of them and participate in them. That will boost your CV.

good luck:)  

C++

henry