C++/The making of Scareware

Hi Vijayan

Do you know how the software "scareware" is created? I do know it has something to do with programming.

I'm just curious and wanted to know for educational purposes only. Since I'm a Magician anything that's a secret interest me. There are no books written about the topic on Amazon. It's like a mystery that some how only a few people know about.

I've got some of my own Magic videos online at if you want to see them.

Take Care

"Scareware" is one kind of "rogue software". Essentially programs that generate unsolicited spurious or frivolous messages, usually with the aim of inducing the user to buy a software product that will "solve" the problem.

More information is available in these wiki pages and the references at the end of them.

PS. I've made a note of the link
Will visit the page when I have some free time.  

my primary areas of interest are generic and template metaprogramming, STL, algorithms, design patterns and c++11. i would not answer questions about gui and web programming.

about 15 years or so

post graduate engineer