C++/Application Time Lag

Question
Hi David,
        We are fed up with a nagging problem regarding an SMPP server application developed in VC++ using COM/DCOM.

In this application, whenever there is a restart of service or the application there is an outage or delay of minimum 30 mins.

Is there a way to overcome this.Is the delay set in the application itself. If so, is it possible to identify the same.
        I can send the code related this if needed.

Vivek  

Answer
Vivek , Thank you for your question.

There is no easy way to guess what could be causing your delay, given the information you have provided. The problem could be in your application or it could be in your operating system (for example, mounting a remote Windows file system can sometimes cause hundreds of megabytes of useless "profile" files, such as desktop contents, to be copied from a central server to a peripheral system; such copying can take 30 minutes).

There is no substitute for paying qualified engineers to write and maintain major computer applications.

If you want to pursue this question using free resources, I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, which is more advanced than allexperts.com.

David Spector

C++

David Spector